Tuesday 11 March 2014

ALABI, the Londoner 2….

Hey  guys! Am sure your eyes are so glued , waiting to know the shocking news Nkem brought home to her mother....   Here below is the continuation of the letter to Alabi,  written by his baby mama.....




.
It was a cold morning
When other neighbors were still snoring
I have been too sick
My body so week

I tapped Nkem out of her sleep
Though she still wanted to go deep
I lured her to go to Okon’s farm
That there won’t be any harm

She reminded me of how dangerous it could be when caught
How Okon sets traps over his farm at night
But we didn’t eat last night
The next day is even out of sight
I took her off her fright
That all will be right

She held me tightly
We prayed fervently
She left quietly

Then I thought of you
Alabi, we went through all these because of you
Nkem couldn’t start school early because of you
She goes to school with no shoes

The day had broken already
Waiting for Nkem endlessly
What must be stopping her, I ponder?
Has she been caught I wonder
I couldn’t stand up, neither

All I heard was cries
Nkem voice I couldn’t miss, I cried
Seeing her, I shouted
Who did this, I wondered

Your daughter could barely move
She brought a trauma I cannot solve
She looked so broken
Her eyes were swollen
She was just eleven
Her voice shaken
She kept crying
I felt like dying

Then she muttered: Mama they were five
They held cutlasses and knives
Mama I didn’t steal
They asked me to go on my knees, I wept
They didn’t care how I felt

Alabi, she was raped
She couldn’t escape
The virginity of my daughter gone
I couldn’t tell anyone
No just by one

But by five
Nkem fainted
The blood under her thigh endlessly flooded

Alabi if you hadn’t gone
Your daughter maynt have gone
I sent you a letter
Stating all these matters
You didn’t care either
As if that was not enough……..
Then…….

 
To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment