Wednesday 31 July 2013

MY LEG HURTS





I woke up at the wee hours of today, fully energized with my positive cap on, hoping to kill my giant (challenge) today.

Apparently oblivious what the day had in store for me.  As I walked through one of the busiest motor parks in Lagos, Ojuelegba, at 6.28 a.m to board a bus to Opebi where my supposedly daily bread lies, suddenly I heard a continuous gunshot which quickly took me off the attention on my Blackberry, all I noticed were people yelling and running helter-skelter without a specific reason.

Initially, the "Ruggedness" and the "Street boy" in me made me stand for a while to rationally identify what was going on, but I discovered rather soon that there were robbers jumping from one car to the another ripping people off their belongings. I was deafened as the gunshots got closer, if truth be told, Olsen Bolts would give credits to my unknown metres race as I fled for my being.

Like magic, I had ran miles and after been satisfied that I had gotten to a reasonable distance panting uncontrollably, I laid my back at a small Aboki’s (Shoemaker) shop, and suddenly the Malam said to me: "Oga see blood for ya body…", with so much pride and disgust I looked down hoping to give him a harsh reply that; "u dey mad?"

However, I was shocked to my bone marrow, when I saw blood dripping off my trousers and all I could see was a deep cut underneath, and from that point the pain I felt were beyond words. Where did I get it? How? Was I shot? But I didn't feel any pain? Did I fall? How could I have had this gash without knowing? These were the questions screaming for attention on my mind.

Here is the lesson folks;  I didn't feel the pain because I was so FOCUSED on saving my life or maybe I felt it but didn't consider it. Apparently, I hit my foot somehow when I was trying to escape.

Sometimes we need to condone and ignore the pain and start running for the escape route, we need to set our eyes on the ball and be FOCUSED.

Now I feel no pain again, because nature has taught me something deep today, what about u?


No comments:

Post a Comment